Redesign of my portfolio website
It’s been a long time coming but I finally feel that I need to redesign my website. My current website was built 3 years ago while I was still at tafe and learning about website design and development.
There are many reasons for a redesign, a few I have considered in the last few months:
- I have grown as a designer and developer, in other words I have gained more skill
- My current design philosophy has changed. When developing the site I believed that minimalism was king
- After playing around with Concrete5 I would like to use a CMS instead of hand coding
- Doesn’t currently integrate social media
- Doesn’t showcase my skills in a way that I am happy with
- The usability of my website could be improved, currently 2 sets of main navigation, then 3 once page is clicked
- At the time of the design I didn’t plan for the future. i.e what happens with new work? How is it added?
- Doesn’t take into account analytics
- Could affect my future employment opportunities
Since I’m working full time and have outside engagements, I obviously won’t be able to work on this as hard as I could as a student. I do plan to post some of my progress each month. I plan to have this finished by early September.
To view my old site please click this link